My post will be on cooperative learning. This is my favourite learning method as it gives a chance to interact with peers and learn together. Cooperative learning is the process of breaking down a classroom into small groups and allowing students to learn together and come up with their own concepts. One negative downfall may be the workload being distributed unevenly, leaving one student to do more work.

Since my group’s chosen topic is “Technology addiction” cooperative learning allows students to discuss their experiences and helps create a safe space where students can relate to each other.  They could also discuss their strengths and weaknesses with one another and work towards a certain goal. For example, if two students have a high count for their phone usage, they can work together as a way to motivate one another.

I like how Butterfly mentioned in their post that cooperative learning allows students to “learn from [their] competitor and work with [their] opponent. This method is also a way to help students engage more instead of working by themselves.” This made me think about how important it is for students to learn as individuals but also learn to work in groups. It gives them a chance to work on their communication skills and their ability to work with new people.

References : “What Is Cooperative Learning and How Does It Work?”