Zoey’s student blog: I agree with Zoey! I think as an educator and a learner it can be difficult to be inclusive and understand the material that is so vague and diverse. I like how you mention that the key to inclusive learning is the need to be proactive. It ultimately should be up to the student how they want to learn and we as educators should give them that space. I think many times students tend to be scared of trying new approaches to learning because they are scared of the chances of failing.

Sinead’s post: I enjoyed Sinead’s post. I think it’s important to be open to as new approaches as possible and as Sinead mentions, our current situation is a pandemic and a lot of students are required to learn at home. This is a barrier for both educators and students. While I am lucky to have access to the internet, this is not the case for many. I don’t think anyone would have thought that a pandemic would arise, so unpreparedness is obviously expected. I like the approaches that Sinead came up with, especially making sure that students are aware of their learning style, and as an educator, I would make sure that all learning styles are incorporated into the work.